Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Sunday full of chickens + a poll

I'm pleased to say I actually got my act together and sent my gifts off to Little Shadow Creations and Gassner Custom Soaps! Yay, me! Isn't it sad that I'm such a procrastinator that I get so excited when I do things in a timely fashion?

So, because Blonde Duck requested chickens, I'm going to show off some pictures of our chickens this Sunday.

Before I do though, I want to ask: do you think I post too often, not often enough or just right? Right now, I'm trying to keep my postings to 3 times a week: Tuesdays for random facts (and maybe some thoughts), Thursdays for being thankful, and Sunday for various other things. I'm going to create a poll on the sidebar (hopefully) and get your feedback. If you have further thoughts, please comment. Thanks!

So, chickens...well, we had a long, convoluted rooster swap, which I will spare you the gory details of. Basically, we got rid of a rooster that kept attacking us, and have come full-circle back to a rooster we had as a chick (who lived most of his life at a friend's mini-farm). Let's give a warm welcome to CH...here he is when we had him as a chick:and here he is in his adulthood glory:Some other random chicken photos...This is Dino; she was hatched out by Gaia about 2 years ago. Her sister Mrs. Tweedy died mysteriously several months back.
Here we have Alpina, the white Ameraucana mix, Dino, taking a dust bath, and Amelia in the back (she was named Amelia because she's a good flier...barump-bump). Alpina is one of our favorite chickens. She'll be 4 years old in August, and is still a feisty and smart (for a chicken) little thing. Lastly, we have Bogey. She came with the batch of roosters we had ordered for eating last fall. Since she turned out to be a hen, we decided to keep her. She is a pleasant soul. We've not been able to figure out her breed though. Anyone has ideas?Now I have to go clean the bathrooms (I've been putting it off and putting it off). What did you do for fun this weekend?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams