Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday + another recipe

I had something else in mind to be thankful for previously, but after a little computer scare this morning, I decide that today, I'm definitely thankful my computer didn't die on me...and it reminded me to BACK-UP everything!!!

Below is the burger buns recipe that Sherrie (Frenchy's Finds) requested. It's a bread machine recipe, but those of you who know how to cook bread by hand will likely know how to mix all the ingredients together into a good dough.Butter Rolls

¾ C + 2 T milk
1/3 C water
1/3 C butter
1 egg
4 C bread flour
3 T sugar
1 ½ t salt
2 ½ t Active Dry Yeast

Load ingredients into your bread-machine in the order specified in its manual (for my Zojirushi, I always put wet stuff in first, followed by flour, butter, sugar, salt, and the yeast in a little well in the center). Set it for "dough" cycle and hit start.

When the cycle ends, dump the dough out onto a floured surface and knead 2 to 3 times to release air. Divide dough into 16* pieces and shape into hot dog or burger buns.

Cover the buns with clean kitchen towel and let rise until double in size (about 1 hour).

Bake in preheated 350F oven (preheat about 20 minutes before the dough finishes rising) for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.

This is my no-fail recipe that I've been using for at least 10 years now; I hope it works for you as well!

Anything in particular that you're thankful for today?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams