Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Has someone touched your life?


A very wonderful man made a huge difference in my life when I was attending university. He was the administrative assistant in the Psychology Department when I was an undergrad. I used to arrive to school (and work because I was on a work-study program) early, and he and I used to sit and chat about life. Because of his kindness and faith in my ability to work hard, I got a prize summer job that allowed me to save up enough money to go to Europe when I graduated. I'd lost touch with him since, but have thought of him often in the past 23 years.

A mutual friend of ours - another wonderful man who was a psychology prof and my employer for a couple of years - just emailed me today to tell me that Mr. Gove was celebrating his 88th birthday.

I'm so happy that Mr. Gove is alive and well and have made up my mind to ask Rod for his address so that I can finally write him a letter to let him know how much I appreciated all he's done for me.

On a completely separate note, but somewhat related to my previous post, here's an interesting article on factory farms and their impact on our foods.

Has someone made a huge difference in your life that you've lost touch with? Would you write to him/her if you had the chance?

Hope everyone is enjoying the week!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams