Monday, September 28, 2009

Roquefort (bleu cheese) dressing

Because Grace requested it, here's the recipe!

Roquefort Dressing
1 C sour cream
1 C mayo
2 oz Roquefort or Bleu Cheese (I used 3 oz)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/4 t garlic powder (I used about 1.5 t garlic powder)

Mix all ingredients until smooth in a blender or mixer. (I used the food processor.)
Let dressing ripen in fridge for several hours.
Makes 2 1/2 cups.

note: because I like my dressing tangier, after the first tasting, we also added about 2 T of apple cider vinegar to it and it was very good.

Recipe is originally from Junior League of Greenville, SC: 300 Years of Carolina Cooking.

Enjoy!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams