Friday, September 11, 2009

Why yes, I have fallen off the edge of the world!

Thanks for asking, and, incidentally, it's a pretty cool view from here. :}

Firstly, I'd like to address my poll question about how I should answer you when you comment - because I sure do appreciate your comments! Anyway, the majority of the votes were for me to continue what I'm doing. But, I'd also like to follow the example of other bloggers in that if you have a specific question, I will both reply here and email you personally.

As for why I've not been around very much, it's mostly because I have a ton of things to do, and I'm not very good at organizing myself and my time.

I don't have a whole lot of photos to share today, but here's a clay pendant I worked on this week:and, because Firefly Mom can't tire of looking at photos of our tomatoes, here's another basketful:
Multiply that by 8 and that means we canned 7 quarts and 14 pints of tomato sauce yesterday.

Today, we spent a good part of the day ripping out some old garden beds (that had contained corn, and gai lan, and edamame, and beans) to prepare them for spring planting. It's back-breaking work (knee-high crab grass, ragweed taller than I, etc), and I'm totally pooped.

I hope your weekend was fun, yet productive! What did you do?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams