Monday, December 21, 2009

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

...these are a few of my favorite things!

This past week, I encountered lots of my favorite things. One of my favorite things is knitting, so starting off, I finished another hat. This one dh, the fuss-budget, actually liked and decided to take it even though I was knitting it for myself.
Then, a lovely package arrived in the mail (not brown-papered and tied up with string, but the contents were equally wonderful) from Michelle (Blog of the Soap Pixie). Michelle made a bevy of lovely things for me! Clockwise from top left: a pretty card, a folder of bookmarks and tea bags (details below), a bar of her very pretty soap with a cool and cute packaging (she'll be selling these soon, so keep an eye on her blog for it!), a box of mini-cards, a lavender eye-pillow, and a dazzling holiday bracelet (that I've been wearing ever since I received it).
Here are the mini-cards close-up. Is that ever sweet, or what?
And here's the nifty folder with all the bookmarks and tea bags! Ds#1 already has dibs on the frog bookmark. :)
A day or two after Michelle's package arrives, Joanna's Product Body box of goodies got here. I was running out of Whipped Shea, and bought a couple of jars of that plus their new holiday scent gift box.
Tadaaaa...the holiday scent gift box opened up...obviously the gift was for myself. ;)
Sweet Jo gave me some extra goodies for free: see the cuuuuute pink bag with the following yummies? She also gave me (see first photo) a Hyacinth Bath Bomb that smells intoxicating and that I intend to use as soon as I can spend some quality time in the bathtub.
Another wonderful thing that came in the mail is Carrie's Home for the Holidays laundry soap. I wanted to get more before she sells out because it's my absolute favorite detergent right now! Carrie, always the dear, sent along a couple of little gifts for the boys - I can't show you exactly what they are because they don't get to open them until a couple of days later. ;)
A close-up of the pretty, embroidered towels that Carrie includes:
And last, but definitely not least, I spent a lovely Friday morning with my IRL and blog friend Cake (Whistling Leaf Blower). She checked out our garden, such as it is in the winter, and also brought me my Pay-It-Forward/swap gifts: a psychedelic bookmark for the boys, a pack of cosmos seeds (one of my favorite flowers), a mistletoe sprig, a jar of pear chutney, a pebble hair clip, 2 felted soaps (woohoo!!!), and a coin purse made with the top of an orange juice container (very cute, very creative).
Here's the coin purse, opened up:
I just loooove this hair clip!
So there you have it, some of my favorite things indeed! It was a good week, and with the weekend gone, I look forward to another good week.

What has been some of your favorite things recently?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams