Saturday, January 16, 2010

Good food, good spaces

I wish I could say that watching Julie & Julia inspired me to cook more, but, really, why would I when I have an amazing hubby* who, like a culinary MacGyver, can whip up a meal fit for a queen with just some salt, herbs, and duct tape. Well, ok, maybe not duct tape.

Last night, he picked some mache and lettuce from our greenhouse, and cooked up fried potatoes in duck fat, made a salad with the greens, and also a cold green bean salad with the beans we had canned. Simple, yes, but my taste buds were more than amused.This is partly why we've not been eating out much lately. Even the really good restaurants don't have fresh enough, or organic enough, veggies to suit our tastes.

I'm reading this book right now that makes me want to totally revamp my art/craft/sewing space. It's an easy read: lots of photos and very few words. I recommend it to all my crafty blog friends!

What are you reading this week?

*Hubby may be a superb chef, but he does pick the worst movies to watch.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams