Monday, March 08, 2010

Fraud and Sappiness

Image: Francesco Marino / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

So it's finally happened: someone pilfered our credit card number and made a bunch of little charges on our card. AARP??? What the heck? Who steals someone's card number and charge an AARP membership on it?

Even though as a socially conscientious person, I can't love Bank of America, I was very impressed with the expediency of their noticing the fraudulent charges and notifying us.

To start off an otherwise lovely Monday morning - there's nothing like waking up to sunshine! - I'm sharing a song that's been running through my head for a few days. I want to qualify this by saying I am not normally a sappy person. I abhor chick flicks and love action/adventure/sci-fi movies and books. This song, though, brings me back to a very specific time and place: Europe, 1986. That was one of the best time I'd had on a trip, and every time I hear this song, it immediately transports me back. Hope you don't mind a little bit of sappiness today!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams