Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An odd assortment of thoughts

I'm not very coherent these days (those who know me for more than several years will chime in and say, "what do you mean 'these days'?" but I will ignore them); I get the feeling the most of my future posts will be a random collection of loosely connected, or thoroughly dis-connected, thoughts. (how I feel...gee, how did the kids know this when they created this thing?)

An update on the credit card fraud issue. I suspect it's more than that. After Bank of America canceled our card, I had 3 things pop up that were purportedly ordered by me. One was a fitness video: the company called to say that they had trouble charging it to my card. Well, yeah. Another was a book club subscription; a box of books from The Good Cook book club arrived in the mail yesterday. Another is the Book of the Month Club. Oy. So now I have to get a hold of them to let them know that I didn't sign up for either of them. I wonder if there are more to come... As if life weren't harried enough without stupid, extra things to stress over.

Have any of you ever had your identity stolen?

Dh and the boys got some planting done in the greenhouse last weekend: they put in spinach, various lettuce, and different Asian greens. Looove Asian greens! They also dug up and transplanted horseradish. Dh made the best horseradish sauce with some of the roots and shared some starts with the people who responded that they wanted some. Lisa said that it is next to impossible to buy in town. Dh says that it's due to its only being harvested at very specific times.

And for a totally unrelated thought: the last time I did any *real* writing was years ago. Sure I did NaNoWriMo the last two years, but I mean the kind of writing that I actually can picture a sale with. Well, thanks to the most excellent Gotham Writers' Workshop's Science Fiction class, I may have one or two stories ready for submission before long.

The experience of this class has been so good, in fact, that I am tempted to take SFII in April. But, without credit card to use and feeling inundated by life, I may just wait until next year.

I know that some of you enjoy sewing, so wanted to share this video for sewing kids' tutus that I found over at the About.com Sewing forum.

I have to say that having life so busy (and not all in a good way), plus reading The Happiness Project book, has helped me not to dwell on the credit card/ID theft issue as much, although it does eat at me that there are such people out there who don't deserve the free oxygen they breathe.

But, on a happier note, if you have a special someone whom you've been forgetting to tell how special he/she is, go check out Suzanne's post on Forever Friends. :)

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams