Friday, August 27, 2010

Dr. Perricone Advanced Face Firming Activation update

I've been using the Dr. Perricone's Advanced Face Firming Activation cream I won from the lovely Joanna of Product Body (her blogs are The Soap Bar and Product Body Blog) for about a month now, so I thought it was time I wrote a review update to my previous post.

Per the directions, I applied the cream after I wash my face in the morning.  I don't always remember to apply it in small circles like I was supposed to because this old dog is more used to applying cream in broad strokes.  If I'd remembered every single time to apply in small circles, perhaps my face may have shown more improvement? I can't say that for sure, but I'll be continuing to use this product and will try harder to remember the circular stroke technique.

One of the first things I noticed about the cream is that it is not greasy, which is an important attribute for a cream that I apply during the day because who wants a shiny face that looks like one's sweated profusely?  I don't.

It's also a light cream, which is another important characteristic because after applying cream, I put on a tinted sunscreen (Jane Iredale's, in fact...I love it), plus a face powder with SPF.  If the initial cream is heavy, it'd feel like I'm wearing a mask, and it'd drive me nuts. More nuts than I already am.

Another thing I noticed right away is that the cream smells faintly like papayas; it's a delightful aroma.

I'm lucky that, for my age, 46, I have few fine lines and not very large pores on my face, two of the things that this cream is supposed to help with.  But, it seems to me that after a month's usage, my pores appear to be even smaller than they were before.  I still have large crow's feet whenever I smile, but I would say that I also have somewhat fewer fine lines under my eyes too (that's the area where my concealer tends to crack and makes my face look like the Sahara).

You really only need a tiny amount of this cream each day, so a 2 fl oz bottle like this one will last you a long, long time.

My only quibble is that the pump doesn't always behave and can shoot out a bit more than I need.  However, I've found that to be the case for all pumps.  My kingdom for a sensitive and precise pump mechanism!

I'd like to thank Joanna and Dr. Perricone again for the opportunity to test-drive this product.  It certainly has my recommendations!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams