Saturday, October 23, 2010

What goes U.P....must be Michigan!

**Correction (a.k.a. Dummy alert): in my rush to be clever with the subject line, I forgot to take into account that the photos below are from the Lower Peninsula.  Dh read this post and said, uh, we weren't at the U.P. yet on the first 2 days.  Duh.

Dh has always wanted to visit the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and our cross-country to Vancouver trip was the perfect opportunity to see the U.P.  This first photo was taken at Saugatuk Dunes St. Pk. 
The next day became cloudier and windier, which are not perfect conditions to visit Sleeping Bear Dunes, but there we were anyway. SB Dunes was nice, but not the amazing place that dh had expected it to be. It was very poorly labeled for a National Park. Still, we enjoyed ourselves despite gale force winds putting sand into every opening in our clothing. I found sand in my jacket pockets several weeks after this visit!

Cloudy skies make for great mood photos though, even those taken with just our iPhones.
Can you see the "sleeping bears"?


Yeah, it was as steep as it looks. 


I figured that showing photos a little bit at a time might be easier both for me to upload and for you to plow through.  So, there is it: the first 2 days of our trip.  :)

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams