Friday, November 26, 2010

What I'm thankful for

My mother's death taught me something: people can be separated into three groups when a death occurs.

The first group are those who, upon learning of your loved one's death, will immediately send their condolences, either via online methods or a snailmail card, and some even send thoughtful gifts (like the one in the photo above).

Those in the second group will say, "ok, but what about my needs; you haven't answered my question yet." These are people who must believe the world revolves around them.

The third group of people choose to ignore it, refusing to acknowledge your loss in any way. I'm not sure what to make of these folks.

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all my friends (online and IRL) who fall in the first group. Thank you for your good wishes and love; I am grateful to have all of you in my life!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams