Monday, October 31, 2011

Spirit of Halloweens Past

The boys with their "pukin' pumpkin"

I'm positive I've done a similar post to this in the past. In fact, I'd bet money on it, but it's been a few years now, and who the heck ever actually searches my blog, besides me?

So, it's time to do another Halloween-costume-reminiscing blog. My boys haven't dressed up in years, but I used to be pretty creative in the costuming department if I do say so myself...before middle-aged brain and laziness set in.

The first Halloween that Son1 was around for, I made him a Super-baby outfit:
Poor Son2 always got the hand-me-downs:
The second Halloween of Son1's life, I made a Gingerbread Boy outfit for him, which I don't have a good photo of, so here's one of Son2 wearing the Gingerbread Boy outfit when he was around 2 years old. Son1 wanted to be Scooby Doo that year, so that's what I made for him (I'm pretty proud of that face that I drew free-hand!).
The next Halloween, when Son1 was around 3 yrs old, he was a Ladybug (with a lollypop dangling from his mouth).
The toughest costume I had to tackle was when Son1 decided that he wanted to be a goldfish. Goldfish?! What? Son2's in the back with the used-ladybug costume.
Then there was the less than memorable zombie phase. Where Son1 got the idea that he wanted to be a zombie was beyond me. And there's Son2 with the old Scooby outfit...
One of the costumes that I was the most fond of was also the last one I made. Son1 was wearing the LEGO brick costume that I thought turned out pretty cool. Son2, on the left, was wearing an elephant costume that my sister and her husband got for him (maybe they got tired of him wearing hand-me-downs?).
And that's it. That's the history of Halloween costumes for my kids. Hope you've all had a fun Halloween!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams