Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Linzer Thumbprint Snowballs - a recipe

I realize I've been sporadic with my posts. As all of you busy folks know, that's what happens when life gets in the way. I will try my darndest to post once a week on a set date...haven't decided what the best day of the week is yet. Any suggestions?

My friend Michelle requested the following recipe from me. She thought they were really tasty. :)  I'm just thrilled when people enjoy my baking!
Linzer Thumbprint Snowballs

2 1/4 C flour
3/4 C walnuts, finely ground
1 t ground cinnamon
2 t grated lemon peel
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C (1.5 sticks) butter, softened
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/2 C raspberry jam [I had no raspberry jam in the house so I used Trader Joe Organic Strawberry Jam]
powdered sugar

Lightly grease cookie sheet. Stir together flour, walnuts, cinnamon, and lemon peel. Beat granulated sugar and butter in large bowl on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Press thumb in center of each to make indentation. Fill each indentation with 1/2 t jam.

Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes about 4 dozen.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams