Monday, May 14, 2012

Cookies that aren't scary

**We're on bandwidth curfew again (cursed Wildblue) so if I've not been out to read your blog, that's why**

Unlike the cookies that websites like to place on your computer, these cookies I recently baked aren't scary.

Well, caveat one: if you're not paranoid, then computer cookies aren't scary either.

Caveat two: if you have a weight problem or weight-related health issue, then these edible cookies are actually scary.

But we love them! They may be our new favorite cookies. They're...Martha Stewart's Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!
You need...really, NEED...to make these. :)  I halved the sugars and used bittersweet instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips and they were still plenty sweet and tasty. I used Whitley's peanuts in these, which, I think, made them taste even better because Whitley's has the most incredible tasting peanuts. I have my buddy Tom to thank for first introducing them to us a couple of years ago with a gift tin!

Because of the copious amounts of oatmeal in this recipe, I like to think that they're not bad for me to eat (20 of in one sitting).

Let me know if you try these, and what you think of them!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams