Monday, May 21, 2012

Super plants!

Remember the song that went, "this is the song that never ends..."? Well, we have plants like that. No, we don't live on top of a nuclear waste dump and these plants don't glow or try to eat our brains, at least not directly.

These plants we have never quit and never die, it seems. Sure, we have perennials, but these go beyond that. Our perennials can be kind of pathetic, like our blueberries, for instance.

No, these plants are the Energizer Bunnies of plants. They keep going and going and going and...you know.

One of these is our garlic chives. See this? That spread of grass in the middle ground between the stone wall and the shrubs in the background is our indomitable garlic chive.
Hubby will cut an enormous bouquet of it to use and you can't even tell he's harvested any.

Our other super plant is the sage. It comes back year after year, no matter how vigorously hubby cuts it back to dry or use fresh.
While I'm not terribly fond of garlic chives, I'm not going to complain about plants that give us so much food with absolutely no work on our part.

Do you have a super plant? Do you like it or consider it a weed?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams