Monday, June 11, 2012

Lose weight, get creative, have fun…and win!

As I edge closer and closer to 50, I noticed that my once-super metabolism slipped from super to not bad to meh which has led my weight to creep up steadily. It’s not that I want to be sickly or unnaturally skinny, it’s just that everything I’ve read says that not only does weight gain slow you down physically as you age, but it also slows you down mentally…in addition to all the other nasty health problems associated with weight gain. So, yeah, I’m interested in exercising and losing some weight, as I suspect a good number of you are too.

The folks at SlimKicker - a healthy living/fitness app - probably suspects the same thing. SlimKicker encourages you to “stay healthy by turning your diet and fitness goals into a level-up, motivational game with points, rewards, and challenges.” As well, they have an online calorie counter for keeping track of the calories you consume

SlimKicker contacted me to see if my readers would like to participate in a fun little contest. All you have to do is to leave a short comment with your suggestion of a fun, creative fitness or diet challenge. The person who posts a suggestion that SlimKicker picks as its favorite will win a spiffy Ozeri Professional Digital Kitchen Scale (list price of $69.99)!

This contest is only open to people in the U.S. and will close Sunday, June 17th, at noon, EST. If you have more than one idea, you may comment more than once. I’ll announce the winner on Monday, June 18th.

So put on your thinking caps and tell us your ideas...and good luck!

Disclosure: I am not getting any compensation for this and am not allowed to enter the contest either. 


"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams