Monday, February 18, 2013

Pecan Tassies

If you've been a frequent visitor, you're probably thinking "whatever happened to the recipes??", aren't you?

Well, you're in luck...finally! I made pecan tassies the other day. Yum, yum. And I know you want some!

Pecan Tassies

1/2 C butter
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 C flour
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1 large egg
pinch of salt
1 T melted butter
1 t vanilla
3/4 to 1 C chopped pecans

Cream the butter and cream cheese and work in the flour until well-blended. Chill at least 1 hour.

Press small portions of the dough into miniature muffin pans to form shells. You should get 18-24 shells depending on the actual size of your pans.

Beat the brown sugar and egg together and blend in all of the remaining ingredients. Divide to fill each pastry shell 3/4 full. Optional: topping each with a pecan half.
pre-baking

Bake at 325F for 25 minutes.
baked
I doubled the recipe and filled up 24 of the small tins and 12 regular sized tins. The mini ones are super cute; try them!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams