Monday, June 03, 2013

My Favorite Scene - a new blog segment

Well, I'm going to try something new, something that will make me uncomfortable because I hate looking at, and listening to, myself. But it's good to push one's boundaries...or so I've been told. Hey, I'm perfectly fine with the same old, same old.

Here's the premise: My Favorite Scene will be short videos of me talking about my favorite scene in a book. Short is the operative word. And, yes, the irony of the fact that I, Ms. Constant Bandwidth Downgrade No Thanks To Our Horrible Satellite Internet Company, who cannot load videos at home, am going to present videos on my blog did not escape me.

So, here goes. For my inauguration post, I am featuring a scene from Giddy-up, Daddy! by Troy Cummings, one of my new-found IN-SCBWI buddies from the Wild, Wild Midwest Conference back in early May. If you get a chance to meet Troy in person, don't miss it! He is crazy funny, no emphasis on crazy, but it's not like it's a bad thing to be crazy either, and just the nicest guy you'd want to be friends with.
I hope you enjoyed this first My Favorite Scene segment. I'd love your feedback: yay, nay, just stick to baking and post your recipes, etc. :)

What are your plans for June? Mine are to be very busy and try not to crash by the middle of the month, as I mentioned last time. Thanks for stopping by!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams