Monday, January 27, 2014

Drawing on inspiration

My kids inspired some of my writing that had been published by Babybug and Ladybug magazines. I wish I could say they had inspired me to draw and do art more too. I really wish I had drawn a picture of them at least once a year.

Alas, I'm a slacker and could only find a handful of sketches I did of my (very cute…not that I'm biased or anything) sons.

One of the first sketches I did was of Son1 when he was a baby:
And because he slept a lot, I did another sketch of him napping:
Fast forward 14-15 years, Son1 again:
This was of my younger son when he was about 5:
And again at around age 12:
Not sure when this was from:
You can see the details better if you click on the photo to enlarge.

Do your kids inspire you to do creative things? Do tell!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams