Monday, February 24, 2014

Lime Crescents

Because Dani Duck claims my blog is mouth-watering, and because I've not posted a recipe in a while, I thought y'all might want to see a recipe post for a change. :)

These beauties are Lime Crescents, or (sub)Lime Crescents as I like to call them because they really are sublime.  The flower sprinkles I put on them, maybe not so much, but in the depth of winter, I can either try to find my invincible summer or make my cookies spring-y. Guess which I opted for? Sorry, Camus.
I don't think I need to add that this is one of my favorite cookies. :)

Lime Crescents

cookie dough:
1 C butter, softened
1 egg yolk
1.5 T grated lime rind
1 T lime juice
3/4 C confectioners' sugar
2 C all-purpose flour
1/4 t salt

drizzle:
2/3 C confectioners' sugar
1 T lime juice
green decorator sugar (I used different sprinkles in the photo above)

Directions:
1. Beat butter, egg yolk, lime rind, and juice in large bowl until smooth. On low, beat in confectioners' sugar, flour, and salt until blended. Refrigerate dough 1 hour or until firm.

2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

3. Form 1 rounded teaspoon dough into 2.5 inch log; bend into crescent. Place on ungreased baking sheet (not too closely). Repeat with remaining dough.

4. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are just golden and tops are slightly cracked. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove cookies to wire rack and let cool completely.

5. Drizzle: stir together confectioners' sugar and lime juice in small bowl until smooth. Place wire rack with cookies over waxed paper. Decorate cookies with drizzle. Sprinkle with decorator sugar.

Makes about 4 dozen crescents.

Enjoy!


"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams