Monday, March 03, 2014

My Favorite Scene - Poetrees

As I promised last month, I'm starting out 2014's My Favorite Scene with a special book written by the  inimitable poet/artist, Douglas Florian, whom I'm honored to call a friend, albeit an online one only for now.

Douglas has a long and illustrious career as a children's writer and illustrator. He is also an extraordinary fine artist. He has a show that runs through mid-March, so pop over in person to see it if you're lucky enough to live near the NYC area.

I have a largish collection of Douglas's books; some are from the 1980s…
and a few of the more recent ones (yes, I have more in my personal library)...
It was hard to pick a favorite, really, but I have my reasons to choose the one I did. You'll have to watch the video and see:
Have you, or your kids, read any of Douglas's books? If so, which one is your favorite? If not, what are you waiting for?

Next week, I'll be posting about another one of my favorite things: scientists! Hope to see you then. :)

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams