Monday, May 05, 2014

My Favorite Scene/book and Doodling hands

I don't have a video for My Favorite Scene today. I had a bleeping cold sore on my nose, of all things for a week and, at one point, I couldn't look in the mirror without doing a W.D. Fields impersonation ("my little chickadee") or singing "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer," so video recording myself was out of the question.

But, I thought maybe I could change it to book and combine it with some Doodle Day sketches.

I've not kept up with Doodle Day over at Facebook very much, but when a 5-day hands prompts came up, I had to do it because hands are some of my favorite things to sketch. I used to do it often while trying to stay awake in classes at university.

These were quick sketches done between two to five minutes.
pointing
in a fist
making a letter in American Sign Language (T)
holding
pinching
 Have you tried sketching hands before? To learn how, I'd like to recommend this little gem of a book on learning to sketch people (hands and feet included):
EDITING TO ADD: The Corvisiero Literary Agency is participating in Brenda Novak's annual auction to support ‪#‎diabetes‬ research by donating their critique services. If you're a writer, consider placing a bid, or two, to get your story critiqued by this awesome group: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/AuctionHelp.taf?S=N&R=2&C=2&DA=0&m=3&return=50&sort=1&st=1&skipkw=1&category_id=15505&_start=1

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams