Monday, July 14, 2014

My own personal writing retreat

I know there are many pros to going to a writing retreat, not the least of which is interacting with the faculty. Many writers rave about the Highlights for Children Workshops for the lovely setting and rustic cabins with good food.

This is Highlights' rustic cabin:
I suppose that would hold great appeal if I lived in a cramped apartment, or a boring house in the suburbs, and had to do the cooking myself.

But this is my "rustic cabin":
surrounded by nature:
Plus, hubby grows most of our own veggies and then cooks meals like this for me:
You can probably see why I prefer to take online workshops and classes and stay put in my own little piece of rural heaven...even if I have to clean bathrooms and wash dishes. 

Hmmm, maybe I should offer workshops here? :)

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams