Monday, November 10, 2014

Coconut Cheese Pie

First of all, before we get to food -- yes, I'm cruel -- I want to put in a plug for my wonderful, talented, and amazing sci-fi critique group captain, Russell James. This guy is so creative and prolific, he really writes circles around anyone else I personally know. For only 99cents, you can get a few hours of wondrous adventures of the imagination with his latest anthology, Outer Rim.

And now, what you came here for...Coconut Cheese Pie!
1 1/2 T butter, softened
2 2/3 C (approx) coconut (I used shredded but I'm sure you can use flaked)
4 eggs
1/2 C sugar
1 8-oz package of cream cheese
3 T lemon juice

Spread butter evenly over the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan. Press 1 1/3 C of the coconut into the butter, forming a shell. Place 1 C of the coconut, the eggs, sugar, cheese and lemon juice in a blender or a food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour into the coconut shell. Sprinkle remaining coconut in a ring around the top and center. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes. If the coconut on top browns too fast, cover with a circle of aluminum foil.

Serve warm or cool; refrigerate leftovers.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams