Monday, January 12, 2015

Learning already

It's only been a week and a half into the new year, and I'm already learning things! Things like:

1) It is coooold in January even when you go as far south as Patagonia, Arizona. But we had a nice trip anyway.
the dry desolation of southeast Arizona
Yes, that's snow on the ground.
outside our cabin window at Ramsey Canyon Inn
2) I should have kept in touch with the professional artists who thought very highly of my art skills because they would have made me feel guilty for mostly wasting the last 25 years of my life and not working harder at honing my skills (yes, I'm thinking of you, Bill Mammarella and Rick Ortwein).

3) Root veggies like kohlrabi and rutabaga are versatile, tasty, and keep well.


There are a few more things, but I won't bore you with my list. How about you? Learn anything new or deep in the first week plus of January?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams