Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tagged by Diane

I just have a few minutes between the kids' French class this morning, and ds#1's ancient history co-op at 12:30 to post this tag from Diane of the always fun and friendly Much of a Muchness blog. I won't pass it along but if anyone does play, please let me know because I'd love to know more about all my cyber-friends. :)

1. What is your occupation? Homeschooling mom…aka teacher, facilitator, chauffeur, housekeeper, baker, etc. Am also a writer.
2. What color are your socks right now? White (yeah, I’m boring; my Siegfried and Roy "white tiger" socks are in the laundry)
3. What are you listening to right now? The sound of silence – not the song either
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Lemon bar (I baked it yesterday)
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Nope
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red, more crimson than scarlet
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Norb, our builder; we’d like him to build a matching shed
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Most definitely!
9. Favorite drink? Tea in the winter, lemon water in the summer
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? Tennis (I like hockey too, but haven’t watched that in years)
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Many years ago for fun
12. Pets? 1 dog, 9 chickens, and a lone goldfish in our water garden
13. Favorite food? Ethnic and seafood
14. Last movie you watched? Stardust (for the kids)
15. Favorite Day of the year? I don’t really have one
16. What do you do to vent anger? I am embarrassed to admit I’m a door slammer
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? Wooden architectural building blocks…the set had the coolest arches and columns
18. What is your favorite, fall or spring? In the mid-west U.S., it’d have to be spring
19. Hugs or kisses? Depends on who’s giving them, but hugs are generally preferred
20. What kind of pie? Lemon meringue, fruit pies, chicken pot pie; I just love pie crusts, period
21. Do you want your friends to email you back? At their leisure unless I have a pressing question and then I appreciate a timely response
22. Who is most likely to respond? If it’s to this tag, then the answer is N/A
23. Who is least likely to respond? Ditto above
24. Living arrangements? Lindal-style home on 27 acres with dh, 2 boys, and the aforementioned pets
25. When was the last time you cried? Just last night…everything reduces me to tears. Egads, I’m a hormonal waterfall
26. What is on the floor of your closet? 3 pairs of dress shoes in boxes, the vacuum attachments caddy, and some light-weight comforters in bags
29. Favorite smell? Fresh laundry warm off the clothesline
30. What inspires you? Beauty in nature and in art or other human creations, and altruistic people
31. What are you afraid of? Heights, crowds, driving
32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Any as long as it’s good beef from our friend, Carol, or from another organic farm
33. Favorite car? Not much of a car person, but I do like Subaru Foresters and the Honda CR-V we have now
34. Favorite cat breed? I like the pound cats with no pedigrees ;)
35. Number of keys on your key ring? 4 or 5…can’t remember
36. How many years at your current job? A stay-at-home mom for 12 years, a writer (on and off) for 15. Lousiest paying jobs I’ve ever had, but there are perks.
37. Favorite day of the week? Currently Sundays since that is the one day we have absolutely no obligations
38. How many provinces have you lived in? 1 province (British Columbia, Canada), and 2 states in the U.S.
39. How many countries have you been to? Not as many as Diane, but I think about 16, most in Europe

"Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." ~ William James (1842 - 1910)