Monday, June 16, 2008

Life is...

...a series of minor annoyances. Nothing horrible, of course, for which I am grateful. But, as I, and others more prominent than I, have noted, pointing out all the positives in life doesn't help to soothe those ruffled feelings (not that I don't still do it to my kids..."do you guys know how lucky you are, blah-blah-blah?"). Pollyanna-ism doesn't tend to solve a whole lot, but it can help when you're already on the road to recovery.

I'm just grateful to have found The Happiness Project. I like reading about Gretchen's lapses in her pursuit of happiness, not because I'm glad she has lapses, but because I'm reminded that I am not the only one who falls short of her goals.

Maybe I should do yoga today...at least get my sorry butt off the computer.
"To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act." ~ Anatole France (1844 - 1924)