Saturday, October 04, 2008
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"
Well, not really, but Elizabeth of Gracefruit asked that I share my holiday cookies recipes in her post, The Dreaded C Word. So here they are, my Christmas cookies that are total crowd pleasers. (Note: photo above does not show the cookies in the recipes below)
2 C unsalted butter, softened
1 C icing sugar
3 C all-purpose flour
1) Beat butter until creamy
2) Blend in icing sugar
3) Add flour and beat for 10 minutes
4) Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
5) Bake at 325 F (um, sorry, not sure what the conversion is for C) for 20 minutes
6) Cool cookies on rack
Makes about 72 cookies
2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa
2 sticks (1 C) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 C granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 C toasted almonds, finely chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking sheet. Onto a sheet of waxed paper, sift flour with cocoa. In a large bowl, with electric mixer on high, beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt until pale and creamy. Beat in flour mixture, then almonds.
2) Shape heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and arrange on baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until firm. Cool briefly on the sheet before transferring to a rack. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
"Happiness depends upon ourselves." ~ Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)