Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Tagged and tickled

One little additional fact about soaps from my previous post: you know all the soaps I mentioned? Well, I have 3 times that sitting in my bathroom closet waiting to be used. Boy, me and my hoarding habits.

Julie of Cool Mom Guide tagged me today with the Six Wacky Things About Me meme. This actually ties in pretty nicely with Firefly Mom's Seven Wacky Things About Me tag, and also with Joanna's dare-to-reveal post.

Since the day was spent on ceramics, and baking buttermilk whole wheat bread, blueberry muffins, tomato pie, and making slip dumplings for chicken and dumplings, and we'll be gone all day tomorrow for the literary co-op and the boys' LEGO club, I don't have time to post more than 6 things about me.

Actually, I'm not even sure I can think of 6 things about me that I haven't already shared or that anyone would really want to know, but here goes:

1) My favorite apron says "designated deriver" and has "dy/dx" underneath, and that totally cracks me up because I am a serious nerd and a half.

2) I am really bad at remembering or recognizing faces, and have both not recognized someone I know, as well as mistaken a total stranger for someone I knew. And yet, my favorite type of art to do is portraiture.3) Neither my sister nor I ever wanted to have kids; my sister kept her word, I got talked into kids by dh.

4) I once field-dressed a rabbit in our front yard by having dh hold the how-to book in front of me while I was doing it. This was a rabbit that dh got with a sling shot (talk about amazing). Luckily, living out in the country, our "front yard" is about a couple of thousand feet from our nearest neighbor's house.

5) When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I used to have this dream a lot where I was in a castle with the full moon outside, and this spoon with medicine kept flying toward me.

6) I have had a crush on Mr. Spock of Star Trek (not Leonard Nimoy the actor) since I was 4 years old. (I think this is related to my nerd issue.)"Happiness depends upon ourselves." ~ Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)