Sunday, October 25, 2009

Under the Willow Wonders!

I adore all my talented soaping friends and they all have a product or two that I love, so I make my rounds when buying soaps so that I can give them all some business and get my fix of my favorites at the same time.

One of my dearest soaping friends is, of course, Carrie (Under the Willow, and Mud Puddle Girl), the lovely proprietress of Under the Willow Gifts! I bought some soaps from her (including her best-selling Cambridge Rum), and she included extra goodies of: delectable Decadent Body Lotion in Whispering Satin (which smells like a glamorous, nostalgic perfume), and a jar of laundry detergent in Lavender Grace.

I love the sweet little bags that Carrie's soaps come in, and especially want to draw your attention to the uber adorable embroidered leaves on the bag to the left: But what I want to rave the most about is her laundry detergent! OMG...it is a wonderful laundry detergent! Now, some of you may remember I made my own laundry detergent not too long ago. It works quite well, but the fragrance just doesn't seem to carry over. Carrie's detergent not only cleans beautifully, but the Lavender Grace scent actually lingers much better than mine. And, oh, what a scent it is! If you dry in a dryer, the fragrance does seem to dissipate, but if you line dry, the scent stays (a bit better on the synthetic fabrics than on the cottons). Carrie includes a cute little scoop and has instructions on the tag for both HE and top-loading machines. I highly recommend buying some of this laundry powder to try it for yourself! You will thank me for recommending it to you! =)
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams