Friday, April 08, 2011

Will it ever be Spring?

What comes to mind when I say "Spring"? I hope you said "horseradish harvests!" because then you'd be right. Dh and the boys harvested the previous weekend and then dh made a nice batch of horseradish sauce. Here are the roots they harvested:
Our favorite way to eat horseradish sauce is to put it on top of fried eggs, but it also makes an incredible veggie dip when mixed with sour cream (our horseradish sauce is pure horseradish roots and organic vinegar). Jars of the stuff:
We keep the jars in the fridge and freezer and don't can them. I'm not sure that they can be canned, if you know that they can, please let me know!

Dh started some seeds - spinach and lettuce - outside before we left for Spring Break. Right after we got back, he started seeds indoors - bib lettuce, various onions, and various tomatoes. Here they are all cozy and happy on their heat pads and under the grow lights:
He also started some stuff in the greenhouse, but darned if I can remember what. *sigh* And because these are totally not enough, he also stopped by Mays Greenhouse for more seedlings and White River Co-op for seed potatoes.

Mother Nature must have heard my whining because it is starting to feel like spring these past couple of days. Yay!

What have you started from seed?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams