Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I heart Amber...and I heart food!

Half of you who come here already know Amber - she is one talented lady who seems to have boundless energy and skills. And if you don't already know her, you really must check out her blog: Amber's Ambry. You'll thank me for turning you on to it...probably more so than you'll thank me for sharing cookie recipes with you, but I'll do that too (at the bottom of this post). :)

Amber and her very cute, and equally talented, apparently, boys made the sweetest bird seed ornaments, which I just had to have because I love to spoil our birds. Heh.   Aren't they cute and perfect for the holidays?
I first knew Amber for her soap-making skills, and she never disappoints:
Amber made this incredible hand-balm that is so emollient, it actually speeds the healing of paper-cuts!  I kid you not.  I have empirical evidence!
Because no blog post is complete without the mention of food, and because I don't want you to think that I didn't bake at all during my months off from blogging, here are some pics of FOOD.

These are magnificent Magnolia Bakery chocolate cupcakes. They were one of my best batches yet!
I was making a lot of the no-knead artisan bread for a while.  Here is a slice that became an experiment in seeing how Vegemite (on the left) differed in taste from Marmit (on the right).  Dh and the boys definitely prefer Vegemite.
Because the sweet potatoes kept so well in the utility room over the winter, I was able to make a sweet potato pie:
As a healthier change from Coconut-Cranberry Chews, I made some Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies instead. We definitely preferred the former, even though the latter has heart-healthy oats in it.
So there ya have it...my past 2 months reduced to two blog posts, and missing all the really juicy stuff (that's in my other blog).

I'm now back in full blogging force and am looking forward to reading everyone else's blogs again!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams