Thursday, June 30, 2011

Come closer!

When veggies are this beautiful, you just have to have close-up shots.

Our cabbage heads have been medium-sized, tasty and lovely:
This is the first garlic bulb we harvested.  Doesn't that look as stunning as anything in the Louvre?
Things look a bit wild in the garden, but the weeds are actually well under control, a pleasant surprise.
And here are some of my favorite weeders: the boys!
We're getting close to making a big batch of pesto soon.  Seems like we never make fewer than 5 pints at a time.
It is that time of year when we start processing food - freezing, canning, dehydrating.  This means it's also a good time to take a blogging break.  I'll be back reading blogs and posting in August, I hope.  :)

Are you processing your veggies?  Will you be taking a blogging break too?  Have fun with whatever you plan on doing for the next month or so! 


"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams