Monday, April 02, 2012

The seedlings are up

This past week, I decided to re-enact the famous Edvard Munch's The Scream. I'm sure some of you can commiserate. Not only do I not have enough time to get everything done, but the *&^% satellite internet provider has put us on bandwidth curfew again. So I apologize for not getting around to reading your various blogs but there's no arguing with our malevolent bandwidth overlord.

Hubby has started the seedlings indoors. There are celery, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, tomatillos, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and frisee.
The onions are pretty distinctive, being long and grassy:
Outside the strawberries are blooming! I'm excited. We only have 2 beds, but I hope they both do well.

What have you got started? Trying anything new this year?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams

6 comments:

Under the Willow said...

Since moving to our beach house we haven't had a garden. When we do-it will be a raised garden.

Only 2nd best is a local produce farm market right down the road. Every summer day-into the fall- we get fresh produce from them.

The Eastern Shore corn is just amazing!

Sara said...

Yummy seedlings!

Sorry to hear about your bandwidth problems. I hope you're managing to get other things done despite it. xo

Robin said...

I've got peas and favas in the garden. I've got tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cabbage and broccoli started. Everything is coming up. I wish I had started the broc and cabbage 3 weeks earlier, but that would have been the first week of Feb. Who knew??

Epicure68 said...

I'm planting absolutely nothing right now, it's been such a cold spring, even the cherry blossoms are still hibernating. Your father was thinking of starting tomatoes now. Can you tell he's not a gardener?

Michelle said...

We haven't started anything yet. One year I attempted seeds indoors and they all died on me before I could get them in the ground. I've been a wimp ever since. Last year we seeded directly in the garden and it turned out great. We will do some of that again this year. We can't plant until May 15 though :( I decided to take the easy route this year and get most of my stuff from the Friends Plant Sale. We were fortunate to buy some awesome tomato plants from them a couple years ago.

Do you have a greenhouse?

Anne-Marie said...

What lovely seedlings! Can't wait to see what your garden will look like!