Monday, July 23, 2012

Choppin' broccoli

Well, as usual, I'm behind on everything. Therefore, I don't have the vacation post ready yet. Hopefully, it'll be done mid-week and I'll post it next Monday. In the meantime, here's the one that was scheduled to appear this week:

Hubby planned ahead and the caterpillar gods were kind to him this spring, so we had a ton of broccoli come on all at once and we were able to freeze them for later use.

He and the boys picked 3 grocery bagfuls of them and I kept them cool in the laundry tub with some icy water:
Look at the size of some of those heads!

Speaking of broccoli always makes us think of this Dana Carvey classic. ;)

Are you a broccoli fan too? Do you process any for the winter?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams