Monday, July 16, 2012

United Airlines suck

Or do all airlines have the same horrible policy?

I bought the tickets for our vacation a couple of months ago, and because we're traveling together as a family of 4, I specifically got us seats together (we pass food back and forth to each other).

Imagine my surprise when we checked in for our flight home and they have us seated randomly all over the airplane. Luckily, the boys are old enough that they can sit by themselves, but what if we had little kids?

The explanation is that there was a last minute change of planes and so seats are, get this, RANDOMLY assigned.

Really?

Then what is the point of asking whether you are traveling with other people when you book your tickets??

Friendly skies indeed.

Well, I have to say, the pilot on the flight from Vancouver to Chicago was pretty terrific - he spoke clearly and detailed us on both the flight path (hubby appreciates that as a geographer) and also when and why we'd experience turbulence. If I remembered his name, I'd commend him to UA.

Vacation update next week! Hope the extreme temperatures in your particular neck of the woods or city has subsided.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams