Monday, December 31, 2012

Home-made 2012

This is just a little recap of some of the things I've made over the past year. I don't remember to take photos of everything I create, and some of those things were gifts so I can't ask for them back just to take a picture.

This is a pillow (back-side) I made from a shrunken wool sweater and a pillow form stuffed with dryer lint. Hubby made a face when I told him what the form was made with, but, geez, dude, dryer lint is cleaner than the clothes you have on you! After all, it came from clothes that have been washed and then the lint was thoroughly dried in pretty high heat.
I also made a scarf that is keeping me toasty warm all winter long:
I bought the gorgeous yarn - a combination of mohair and ribbon - from talented Robin. Check out her Etsy site to see her hand-dyed yarn, roving, and hand-woven towels.
I knitted some wash cloths for gifts, but since I didn't get started early enough, only some people got them for Christmas. :} Others will have to wait until next year.

One really cute thing I knitted was for my buddy Tom, who is not only a kind-hearted soul, but also fun and eclectic in tastes:
Guess who?
Some of the best things I made during the year were, of course, food. Here's an apple kuchen:
and a blueberry pie - yummy and nutritious:
A favorite of hubby's is homemade pasta (he whines notes that I don't make it as often as I could).
What was the favorite thing you made this year, for yourself or someone else? Do you also go a little batty if you're not doing something creative or making something by hand?

Happy New Year tomorrow! May your 2013 be as productive as I hope mine will be. :) Thank you for following and reading my blog. I hope you'll continue to drop by and we can learn and laugh through the year together!

p.s. If you're itching for another blog to visit, I'm trying a 365-Day Project and would love to see you there. ;)

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams