Monday, April 22, 2013

Don't know much about...picture books

Or at least that's what I used to sing. Now that I've completed a course called The Craft & Business of Writing Children's Picture Books offered by the lovely Mira Reisberg in her Picture Book Academy, I can say I know a good bit picture books. And I've been writing picture book stories too, hoping that one day, I can pen one that will be as timeless as "Ferdinand."

Next up, I'll be taking Mira and Marsha Diane Arnold's Writing Wonderful Character-Drive Children's Picture Books in May and Susanna Hill's Making Picture Book Magic and The Craft and Business of Illustrating Children's Picture Books in June!

If you want to write for children, I highly recommend taking any and all of those courses!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams