Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rebellious Heart

Great title, isn't it? Not mine though. It's a new book out by author Jody Hedlund.

To celebrate its release today, the ever generous Catherine Johnson decided to get a bunch of us to do our own doodle or sketch renditions of Rebellious Heart's cover art as a publicity stunt to promote the book.

Well, here's mine:
I learned a couple of things while doing this little exercise:
1) I'm apparently rusty at portraiture
2) I suck at perspective despite having owned "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" for a couple of decades.

*sigh*

Don't forget to check out Catherine's blog about this event and also remember to check out the book, Rebellious Heart, which sounds like an exciting historical YA novel!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams