Monday, November 11, 2013

The Great Pumpkin....patch

Hubby tried something new this year. We'd bought the huge field next to us a few years ago and there are some hay bales sitting out there, rotting, so he decided to plant some random pumpkins in an otherwise unused area.
Pumpkins, like all squash, take up a huge amount of space and we hate to waste good garden space for something we can't eat (these are the decorative kind, not the pie kind). This was a perfect place for it. I love seeing the bright orange there!

But, no, I didn't sit out waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive.

Did you grow any pumpkins this year? Do you usually decorate with pumpkins for the fall or Halloween?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams