Monday, December 22, 2014

Times they are a-changing

I could also sing another song, "Ch-ch-ch-changes..." but enough about my music flashback problems.

What changes are afoot? The obvious, of course, we're about to change from 2014 to 2015. But there are some others:

1) For starters, I was going to do one more post for 2014 next Monday, but I'm going to let this be the last post of the year and take a break next week instead.

2) My Science Fiction Group, The Minnows Literary Group, has a new e-anthology (Still Out Of Time), joining Out of Time and In A Land Far Away. As with all our anthologies, all profits from all sales and loans go toward Doctors Without Borders. To date, we have donated a bit over $2,140 $3,440 (Russell James, my critique group leader reminded me that $2,140 was just this year and that last year, we donated $1,300, which raises the total to $3,440), thanks to each of you who bought our books.
Coming soon is Centauri Station.
3) I'm also going to make a slight change to this blog. I know it's hard for people to find time to come over to visit -- thanks to everyone who do so -- let alone take a few extra minutes to post a comment. I know myself how much more time that takes up, especially with my slow internet. On top of that, with some blogs, they not only ask you to fill out a captcha, but, also, if you happen to do it incorrectly, does not bring you back to your comment to redo the captcha. There is nothing more frustrating than having my 5+ sentence-comment obliterated and have to start again; it's bad enough re-doing just the captcha.

So, to make it easy for readers, and me too because I try to always reply to my commenters, I am getting rid of the comments option. I put in a "contact me" widget in case you feel absolutely compelled to get in touch with me.

I will, however, stick with the Monday schedule and will still vary my posts with topics of homesteading, writing, art, and whatever catches my fancy because I don't want to be known as a one-trick pony. I don't know that I'll do any video posts, at least not on a regular basis.

4) I've also changed...my mind about some people. And I will leave that there.

5) I want to make changes to myself too. This coming year, I want to use fewer exclamation marks (or at least no multiple ones at the end of a single sentence...e.g. Like this!!! <--stop it; bad Teresa) and smiley faces. I want to, nay, need to, curb my enthusiasm. My natural inclination is to be bubbly and effervescent. I must suppress that personality. At least on Facebook. I might let her live here.

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful holiday season, no matter what you celebrate this time of year! May 2015 be a good year, or a better year, for all of us!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams